Mother’s Day is only a few weeks away so we’ve compiled our top 10 DVD gift ideas for Mum.
1. Downton Abbey series 4. Almost all Mums love the upstairs downstairs story of Downton Abbey and after the tragic ending of series 3 your Mum will love you for giving her series 4 on DVD or the complete DVD Box Set.
2. Doc Martin series 6. This brand new release is the best season yet of Doc Martin starring Martin Clunes. Trust me, your Mum loves Doc Martin.
3. A Country Practice series 10. If your Mum was around in the 1980s she would have fond memories of A Country Practice. Set in the fictitious town of Wanden Valley, this show was the most popular Australian TV drama of the 1980s and for the first time series 10 is now available. Oh hang it, get Mum all 10 seasons, you know she deserves it.
4. Disney’s Frozen. Your Mum may have told you that she only watched Disney DVDs because she was watching them with you as a kid. Reality check, your Mum was lying. She loves Disney DVDs, she loves the apparent random breaking-into-song and the adorable characters such as Olaf in the new Frozen DVD.
5. Inspector George Gently series 6. Martin Shaw, who you may remember as Judge John Deed is the lead as Inspector George Gently. Very 1960s, very British and this new DVD makes a very good gift.
6. Puberty Blues series 2. Set is Aussie suburbia in the 1970s this new release is set to be one of the most popular gifts for Mum this year. This really is one of the best Australian dramas of this decade.
7. Railway Man. Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth is simply outstanding in this movie. A victim of the WW2 Death Railway sets out to find those responsible for his torture.
8. Philomena. A 2014 Best Picture Oscar nominee starring Judy Dench. What Mum doesn’t love Judy Dench.
9. Murdoch Mysteries series 7. Set in the 1890s William Murdoch is ahead of his time using forensic techniques and fingerprints. This is a really great show and something you’ll find near the top of Mum’s wish list.
10. Call The Midwife series 3. This is set in the poor East London in the 1950s and is really popular with Mums, similar to the new Australian DVD Love Child which would be a number 11 if we had room.
That’s just our top 10 we’ve come up with and we didn’t have room to tell you about the new Midsomer Murders release, The Book Thief, the new Veronica Mars movie, Heartbeat or House Of Cards but I guess this wasn’t a top 15 was it 😉 To all the Mums out there have a very Happy Mother’s Day.